Sunday, May 18, 2008

Economics and stuff

So I got my economic stimulus check in the mail the other day. I got the full amount possible a grand total of 600 dollars. It’s great that I got it before my credit card bill came in. I just bought a computer and now I can pay the whole thing off in one go. That’s how I like to pay off my credit bills when I decide to use it.

I’ve got a solution to stimulate the economy. It’s pretty fucking simple too. Lower the mother-humping gas prices. I remember when gas was $1.50 per gallon. I never had any money then. I was always buying shit games, movies, cds, going to the theatre, going out to eat. Of course I didn’t have a job either. That probably had more to do with me not having money than everything else, but I was able to do that other stuff too. Unlike now where I have to balance my damn check book just to make sure I’ve got enough gas to get home. It’s completely ridiculous.

Luckily, I guess luckily anyway, I only have to fill up my car once every 1 ½ to 2 weeks. This now costs roughly $50. It used to be 25ish. When it was 1.50 I could fill up my F150 for 15 to 20 bucks. Obviously it didn’t last 1 ½ to 2 weeks. Bah I hate driving anyway.

I was editing my favorite channels on my cable box on Friday. I’ve apparently got some new channels available since I started with DirecTV. I also got rid of HBO because I wasn’t really watching it anymore. Anyway while I was going through my available channels I ran into the greatest channel known to mankind. Chiller.

It’s a 24 hour horror/thriller television station. They play horror movies and TV shows (like tales from the crypt and tales from the dark side). I recorded the original Village of the Damned. Haven’t got around to watching it yet, and while I was getting ready for work Friday night they were showing Return to Horror High which has George Clooney in it. So of course I recorded that too.

I think Prince Caspian came out this Friday but I can’t remember. I’ll look it up when I get home. Which means, by the time this is posted I’ll know, but if so I’m hoping to catch it on Tuesday.

P.S. Warcraft 3 has a great story, but the game proper is kind of crap. Well made and all but not quite how I like my rts’ (hmm. How do you plural an abbreviation or whatever it’s called) to work. Hopefully Starcraft 2 doesn’t follow the same system.

P.P.S. I’ve got another post that’ll be up tomorrow…probably…maybe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home